Why did I become a Tantric Therapist and what is my defination of Tantra

Why did I decide to become a Tantric Therapist and what exactly is Tantra?

I often get asked this question I hope below my story answers this question

My Story
My exploration into the world of Tantra began 7 years ago when a work colleague suggested that I may be interested in attending an open evening, if I’m completely honest at that time I was a little sceptical as many people are but I also felt rather curious as my only insight at that point was the sexual preferences of Sting which did intrigue me to some degree and so along I went expecting to learn some fun techniques that I could incorporate into a relationship in the future. Little did I know then how profound that evening would become and the huge impact it would come to have on my life both personally and professionally.

I remember sitting completely transfixed and fascinated this was nothing like I had expected and went so much deeper then I could have ever imagined. The actual meaning of the word Tantra is to weave or expand and to basically embrace life on your own personal journey of expansion and self-realization. Practices include yoga, meditation and exploring the subtle energies within our body which lead to enhance our spiritual growth, sexuality and physical wellbeing. This in turn affects our own connection to the world and how we view it as well as our connection to others. The practices of Tantra have been developed over thousands of years and is in fact an ancient Hindu custom which if practiced correctly and authentically can lead to a greater degree of intimacy and harmony in our personal lives not only with our selves but our loved ones also.

There are different forms of Tantra,  Red, White and Black which can cause confusion as to the true intention so what are they and what do they represent?  Red Tantra is focussed on sensuality and sexuality, White Tantra is oriented towards a spiritual approach such as yoga and meditation and Black Tantra is the manipulation of energy in order to control another human being. This is where the negative beliefs stem from and where Tantra can so easily go from something so pure and beautiful to becoming corrupt and toxic. In my life and work I only practice Red and White Tantra, through my own personal healing I have never experienced something so powerful and life changing, since my journey began my entire being and internal make up has been completely transformed, through previous struggles with anxiety I had reached some very dark places emotionally and it was through my personal exploration and work that I was able to see the light again and for that very reason I will always be very defensive to protect the reputation of Tantra as I’m only too aware of the difference it has made not only to my own life but too the lives of all those I have been fortunate enough to share this remarkable gift with.

 I’m a light worker and healer and my intention will always be too help make a difference to other people’s lives and if I can help others to achieve what I have in my own life then how wonderful would that be even if the work I do is seen as slightly unconventional does it really matter if the end result is to improve how someone feels about themselves and the relationships they share with others?  This is why I do this work it is so exciting and fulfilling for me to become a part of someone’s personal journey and more importantly I really love what I do, every connection I make is completely unique and every treatment is different. For me there is no greater privilege then to personally witness passions and desires been explored and fulfilled, how liberating this is in this world where so many people still continue to wear a mask as they are afraid  of what others may think if they really became open and showed their true selves.

I have no such fear I’m a very open person and personally feel life is too short. To feel and experience real pleasure is your birth right, we come into the world naked in our purest and most innocent form and all our organs are connected to the same physical body so why is there this stigma surrounding massage of the intimate areas when the reality is the majority of trauma in the body is stored here  and by releasing it we are able to open up the channels to receive pleasure in all forms physically, emotionally and spiritually and who does not want that and yet we are often afraid of actually asking for what we really desire for fear of judgement.

What continues to sadden me and what will always frustrate me is the realization that some people who are not as open or awakened will always be quick to judge or ridicule something that through either a lack of interest or self-confidence they have no knowledge or experience of. This continues to baffle me how someone can make a judgement or have a negative opinion without any actual facts to back it up. Any form of prejudice is always based from a lack of understanding and fear and yet if I could only make these same people see through my eyes what they could potentially discover for themselves, in this superficial world we live in where so many of us place so much importance on how popular we are, how many likes we have on our social media posts or posting constant selfies to gain attention when actually the true satisfaction and contentment lies within ourselves and has nothing to do with anyone else’s opinion!

I wonder how many of us can look in a mirror at our reflection and feel happy with the image that looks back at us, when our clothes come off we become vulnerable but also the most honest we will ever be as there is just us, no space for ego and that is another aspect I love about Tantra, that nudity is not viewed in a sexual way but as a beautiful and naturally organic state with no barriers and it is in this natural state that we all become equal regardless of our financial and personal situations at that moment we are all the same and how beautiful that is. We are all born with one body and it is so important to embrace who we are and accept ourselves without trying to become someone else. My greatest wish is that one day this modern society we live in will no longer have the degree of prejudice it currently does and as a result this suppression that has the ability to affect so many people’s lives can be lifted and the ugly faces of Racism, Sexism, Classism, Homophobia, Nationalism, Religious Prejudice, Ageism and Xenophobia can cease to exist and with this let me include negativity surrounding Tantra because that in itself is a prejudice and when you look at it like that it puts a different spin on it doesn’t it?

Finally this is the only downside of this work I love …the judgement which is constant and at times never ending as it seems that despite all my study, dedication to training ,practicing with integrity whilst  sharing my story by being open and honest and trying my best to educate people about the real Tantra and the way I personally choose to practice there will always be suspicion surrounding my work and that breaks my heart. I wonder if those same people who comment negatively to others or make judgements realise how hurtful that is to the few authentic practitioners who continue to strive not only to help others but to be recognised and respected for the invaluable work they do.

So much confusion arises when Sex workers masquerade and use their title as being Tantric Therapists by offering massage with sexual intercourse and extras which is not only hugely damaging to the reputation we try as authentic Tantric practitioners to protect but to the very essence of Tantra itself. This is Black Tantra, in its worst form using sexual energy to manipulate men and ultimately pollute this beautiful therapy. This is of course different to sex workers and sexual surrogates who also provide sexual services but are honest about their work with no false pretences about who they are or what they are offering. A Tantric therapist practising authentically will never offer sexual services to a client despite the deeply personal relationships which ultimately are formed with this work and personally for me sexual intercourse is reserved only for my own personal relationships due to its intimate nature.

To date I have had the pleasure of knowing and developing strong professional relationships with many wonderful men and women some of whom have become regular clients and there are numerous reasons that they cross my path. Predominantly curiousity and the desire to explore their own sexuality are the main reasons but also many clients come simply for stress relief from demanding jobs or to have that all essential contact as due to circumstances their partners may be deceased or they may have deep rooted personal problems which prevent them from forming the relationships they desire and attaining the love they crave.

 Sometimes I will work with men and women who through emotional or physical  trauma  either have developed sexual dysfunctions which may be affecting their own sense of self esteem as well as their relationships and I can provide a safe space to listen and through this therapy provide the necessary healing required whilst  also  being an active part of their journey by helping them to gain confidence in their minds and bodies so they are able to attain what they so desperately seek. I never personally intended to follow the path I currently am but I’m so glad I found it, this work for me seems like second nature and it did from the moment I first discovered it, the sense of personal fulfilment I gain from making that all essential difference is why I will continue for as long as I am able, despite the negativity and lack of understanding, in my heart I know who I am ,what I stand for and that my intention is completely pure which is reflected in my personal  and proffessional life and  that for me is the most important part of being a Tantric Therapist knowing within myself that I truly have my clients best intentions at heart and always will.

https://www.yourtantrictouch.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to offer touch to someone who is hypersensitive to receiving it

An exploration into cuddle therapy and exploring the taboos surrounding cuddling as a therapy?

Misconceptions surrounding cuddle therapy